The River Parishes Tourist Commission (RPTC) is seeking a Digital Content Manager. The Digital Content Manager is responsible for the management of social channels and the continual development of the digital destination. This includes implementing and executing social strategies and plans that work towards achieving the department goal of inspiring travel to the River Parishes or St. James, St. John the Baptist and St. Charles Parishes.
This person must be team oriented and possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal, as well as verbal and written communication skills. This position will support strategy development and participate in the approval of final recommendations to help ensure all programs work toward the goals and mission of the department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Marketing Director, PR staff and agency of record to create and maintain central content calendar across all consumer-facing social media.
- Serve as community manager for all consumer-facing social media and video platforms both internally, with state partners and with agency.
- Perform the day-to-day tasks of posting, monitoring, editing and commenting on all consumer-facing social channels and YouTube. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Engage social channel community in comments, answer questions and provide ongoing support online
- Elevate issues/sensitive comments/conversations as needed
- Engage with consumers seeking advice/inspiration/ideas on travel
- Seek out proactive social media engagements around relevant travel
- Actively participate in development of strategy to best leverage photo and video content across all channels and primary website visitnopc.com.
- Work with RPTC marketing, PR and agency personnel to manage and/or source all materials (graphics, photos, copy, etc.) needed for social media posts.
- Source and organize user generated content that fits brand and obtain usage rights and approvals.
- Develop the “digital destination”
- Leads monthly social media call; keep track of department social deliverables and status of projects.
- Work to ensure social media, website, articles, emails, media campaigns, and content calendars are synced.
- Seek and identify content opportunities such as suggesting influencers, content gaps and events that would fit well with the RPTC brand.
- Perform ongoing channel audits to ensure social media and YouTube align with brand standards, leverage best practices, materials and messaging are consistent, proper use of “brand voice” and they meet all brand style guidelines.
- Establish relationships and communicate social needs to key digital and social media managers at partner agencies and businesses statewide such as CVBs and tourist attractions.
- Manage social media deliverables for partnerships and advertising.
- Participate in and assist with occasional on-site social media stories.
- Work with agency to review monthly reporting and analysis of social media and video performance; evaluate the return-on-investment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects involving gaining consensus and approval from multiple people.
- Possesses strong writing skills with high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of latest digital marketing and social media trends.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with differing deadlines; requires excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strategic problem solving and ability to proactively identify challenges and find creative solutions.
- Ability to craft a project scope documents to provide details to team members when needed.
- Experience: 2 years of day-to-day experience managing the execution of and creating content for social media channels. 3 to 4 years of broad marketing experience including brand management, marketing, communications, and digital advertising.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, a related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google and Bing Platforms.
- Adobe Creative Suite and/or 2 years tourism experience – are bonuses.
- Working with influencers and content creators, Attending events and openings; selective travel.
- Interacting with partners and key decision makers across the state.
- Being involved in cutting-edge digital marketing campaigns.
- Outstanding variety of insurance options, pension, and 457 plans.
- 11 paid state holidays plus earned leave.
- Working in a fast paced, always evolving environment.
Please send cover letter, resume, and digital content samples to Buddy Boe, Executive Director email@example.com by June 21, 2019 by 4:29pm.