COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information that we collect or that is collected about you in the following ways:
- To better serve your online needs
- To tailor content that is displayed to you
- To deliver services and to correspond with you in relation to information available on the RPTC Websites that you have indicated an interest
- To notify you about changes in the services
- For system administrative, and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions that do not identify any individual
- To administer the RPTC Websites and for internal operations, including service development, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purpose
- To improve the RPTC Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries
- As part of efforts to keep the RPTC Websites safe and secure
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services or opportunities that may interest you
- Visitor guide or marketing collateral fulfillment
- Newsletter or e-news enrollment
- Contest entries and to run contests, and to allow you to participate in contests
- Audience segmentation
- Reports (aggregated data)
- To contact you or to follow-up with you to the extent you expressed an interest in our convention or meeting services
- Some cookie data is required in order for some functions of the website to work such as favorites builder.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
- RPTC automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser of your device (e.g., computer or mobile phone) including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested, sometimes across multiple devices if you use more than one to access the website. RPTC may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for certain information and services and to monitor how effective our advertisements are at inspiring you to visit RPTC. However, RPTC does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- RPTC may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of RPTC to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- RPTC may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of RPTC; or
- We find that your actions on our websites violate our usage guidelines for specific services.
CONSENTS AND OPT-OUTS
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to RPTC. If you have provided personal information to RPTC and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, or if you wish to opt-out of all further correspondence and notices from RPTC, please notify RPTC at email@example.com.
- You may safely unsubscribe from RPTC’s email correspondences at any time by clicking “unsubscribe from this list” or “update subscription preferences” at the bottom of any email.
- RPTC cares about the security of the information you provide us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. Please be aware that although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for the information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION
- Any material, information or idea you transmit to or post on the RPTC Websites by any means will be treated as nonconfidential and non-proprietary, and may be disseminated or used by the RPTC or its affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all personal data provided to the RPTC online will be handled in accordance with the RPTC Online Privacy Practices. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
- We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). RPTC’s Site and services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information within a reasonable time period.
CONVENTION, EVENT, TRAVEL/TOUR PLANNER OPT-OUT POLICY
- Recipients of our communications to include: leads, convention calendar, newsletters, updates and other opportunities sent through RPTC’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any further communications and are removed immediately. This opt-out option is controlled through RPTC’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- To be removed from the send list, please respond to any of the messages you are sent indicating your wish to be removed and what email address you would like removed. You may also contact email@example.com.
- RPTC sends all emails for Convention, Meeting, and Travel Planner professionals through the CRM or the CRM’s integration with Outlook365.
- Email addresses are not shared with or sold to any outside parties.
E.U. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
RPTC (“The Controllers”) collect personal data from individual users of https://www.neworleansplantationcountry.com. Certain elements of this data may constitute protected “personal data” as that term is defined in the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The following disclosures concerning The Controllers compliance with GDPR are presented for informational and compliance purposes only. Nothing in these disclosures constitutes a representation that any particular data or service is governed or subject to GDPR, nor do these disclosures represent or constitute any contract or undertaking with any individual.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF GDPR
GDPR is set to take effect on May 25, 2018. On and after that date, The Controllers will comply with GDPR to the extent applicable.
UTILIZATION OF DATA
The Controllers utilize personal data including the information provided by you during usage of the website and submission of forms. The Controllers process this data for marketing purposes. This data may be used, for example, to send information electronically or physically that you request.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
Recipients of personal data may include fulfillment providers for physical mailing, email deployers, form building platforms, technical providers of data storage, and back end service providers. All employees of The Controllers who receive or review personal data have received training concerning maintaining the confidentiality of such data and committed themselves to confidentiality. Where appropriate, The Controllers will enter into written agreements governing the processing and confidentiality of personal data by third parties.
STORAGE OF DATA
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
If the GDPR applies to retention of your personal data, you have several rights including (i) the right to request access, rectification or erasure of your data, (ii) the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate European Union supervisory authority, and (iii) to the extent processing of data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to know what personally identifiable information we may have stored as it pertains to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of the GDPR is available here.
- RPTC may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of RPTC websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- For information as it pertains to GDPR and EU residence, click here.
QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS
This policy was updated on 10/24/2018.
Discover Exciting Ways to Explore
Make planning your next vacation to New Orleans Plantation Country easy. Use one of our trip itineraries to get started.
Explore the 10 historic estates in the River Parishes of Louisiana and discover the stories rooted in their past.
Create memories learning the folklore of our swamps and viewing gators in their natural habitat.
Andouille was created here, so get out and try the local smokehouses that each have their own version of the "best".
The region out here is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts to explore and find adventure.
Famous for catfish, Lac Des Allemands is a haven for outdoor sportsmen.
Enjoyed around the world, Perique can only be grown and processed out here.
Cajun and Creole cuisine are as necessary to our culture as the people who make it.
Tour buses, shuttles and local airports are all transportation options for the River Parishes.
New Orleans Plantation Country offers a wide range of lodging options from rustic and quaint to upscale and luxurious.