Writing about New Orleans Plantation Country and don’t know where to start? Search no more, we’ve got a mountain of unique story ideas, and we offer a variety of services to help print, broadcast and online travel journalists. So for insider tips, photos, sources, and trip coordination, give us a ring. Below is just a short listing of ideas that might help you begin…but please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Director of Communications, New Orleans Plantation Country
PR Director, HUB Destination Marketing
- From Trophy Bass to Tiramisu…Eating Your Way through New Orleans Plantation Country
- The History of Cajun & Zydeco Music
- Acadian, Cajun & Creole: There is a Difference
- The Haunting Tales of River Road Plantations
- African-American Heritage in Plantation Country
- Celebrating Our Culture Through Festivals: From Andouille Sausage to Holiday Bonfires
- The Shadowy Swamps, Mysterious Bayous and Scenic Byways of Plantation Country
- Secret Gardens of Plantations Country
- Historic Preservation of Antebellum Plantations and Homes
- Ain’t That Sweet: The Impact of Sugarcane on New Orleans Plantation Country
- A Birdwatcher’s Haven
- Arts & Antiques Abound in Plantation Country
- Family Friendly Activities: From the Babies to the Baby-Boomers & Beyond!
Discover Exciting Ways to Explore
Make planning your next vacation to New Orleans Plantation Country easy. Use one of our trip itineraries to get started.
Explore the 10 historic estates in the River Parishes of Louisiana and discover the stories rooted in their past.
Create memories learning the folklore of our swamps and viewing gators in their natural habitat.
Andouille was created here, so get out and try the local smokehouses that each have their own version of the "best".
The region out here is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts to explore and find adventure.
Famous for catfish, Lac Des Allemands is a haven for outdoor sportsmen.
Enjoyed around the world, Perique can only be grown and processed out here.
Cajun and Creole cuisine are as necessary to our culture as the people who make it.
Tour buses, shuttles and local airports are all transportation options for the River Parishes.
New Orleans Plantation Country offers a wide range of lodging options from rustic and quaint to upscale and luxurious.